Continual buzzing sound from walls

Please help meeee :/

Tarquin, did you ever get a resolution to this issue ?

im experiencing the exact same issue, the house i moved into in april has foam insulated cladding on it , but only recently ive been kept awake with a dull droning humm, almost a pulsing humm at times

In past 2 weeks have gotten 1 nights sleep

ive checked as many avenues as possible, spoke to my neighbours, but still the noise is a mystery

would love to hear if anyone else experienced this

David ( wookie )

but only recently ive been kept awake with a dull droning humm, almost a pulsing humm at times
Only recently like since you turned the central heating system on? If this is the case it could be noise from the thermostatic valves, switching on and off.

Tarquin, did you ever get a resolution to this issue ?
I'd love to know what the cause of the humming noise Tarquin posted about - I've just now read it thanks to you picking up the thread. Polyethylene beads interact and create static electricity and possibly this creates noise??? If they are near cables could this add to the noise problem??

I had problems with a buz in a previous house, it was caused by the water supply to the header tank resonating, it would go on quite awhile after the taps had been used

There is a buzz in my house which is only really audible at night but I'm usually too tired for it to keep me awake. It's from the transformer in the alarm box in my hotpress.

Back