Consumer rights regarding issue with New Car

Dan_The_Man

hi All, the wife bought a new car (222) on PCP.
Shortly after purchase the car developed a fault , was returned to the dealership where no root cause was found.
Car was returned to her and a few weeks later the fault was back with some nasty fumes which made her ill driving it.

Car was again returned to dealer and a loaner car given....the dealer again cannot find the fault and the wife does not want that car back.

I've asked the wife what would she accept to rectify the situation :

1. Get the money back (deposit and the couple of repayments made) as the car is not fit for purpose(safety risk) and move on.
2. Dealer provides NEW car in Jan23

Any experience with similar out there?
Any key consumers rights I should be looking at ....what's realistic ?

Shortly after purchase the car developed a fault , was returned to the dealership where no root cause was found.
Car was returned to her and a few weeks later the fault was back with some nasty fumes which made her ill driving it.

Car was again returned to dealer and a loaner car given....the dealer again cannot find the fault and the wife does not want that car back.

1. Get the money back (deposit and the couple of repayments made) as the car is not fit for purpose(safety risk) and move on.

Has the dealer offered those two resolutions?

What has a 2023 car got to do with anything? If they offered your wife a new car now (hint: they won't and they won't in 2023 either) would she take it?

Suggest asking the dealer to confirm potential resolutions in writing. If it were me and they offered money back I would take that

Back