Key Post Conservatory vs sun room

Re: >>Conservatory vs Sun Room.

check out cregmore conservatories. kieron connelly 087 2394850. tell him steve sent you. (i build conservatories / sunrooms)

Re: Key Post: conservatory vs sun room

hi everybody,

i am a little bit confused. What is the main difference betwee a sun room and a house extension?

thanks

none, actually. All are 'extensions'.

A sunroom is merely a descpription of it's use, so it could as easily have said 'lounge' or 'reading room' or even 'garage'.

none, actually. All are 'extensions'.

A sunroom is merely a descpription of it's use, so it could as easily have said 'lounge' or 'reading room' or even 'garage'.

I would expect a sunroom to have a greater structural emphasis on windows & light than an extension otherwise classed as lounge or garage. Also, sunrooms generally seem to be solid roofed ( maybe with velux windows) and conservatories tend to be glass type roofed.

..what I mean is, all modifications to enlarge the house, are extensions. By definition, you are 'extending' the house. It doesn't imply any particular way of doing it.

Whether they are 'sun room', 'conservatory' etc, is a different matter.

Btw, I'd for for 'sun room' i.e., with a solid roof, every time.

hi
We just got a conservatory, its nearly finished, just a few minor problems.
(1). Make sure you shop around. The mistake we made, was i cut out clip in one of the local papers (adveristing conservatories showroom half price etc.
(2) make sure you know what you want, dont allow them to talk you into something that you are really unsure of.
(3) Make sure you are someone can be in the house while things are been done. ( this is a must) !! builders think they are always right ! but they are not)
(4)we were told it would take 2 1/2 weeks approx to build. it took them 4-5weeks to do. still not finished

(5) they like you to pay instalements dont hand over any money till you are happy..

Ours was installed by Johnstown Conservatories. Can't recommend them highly enough - everything from start to finish ran smoothly and efficiently - tradesmen arrived at the designated time and all the work was first class. The place was left in a spotless condition every evening. Everybody, from the salepeople to the bricklayers, had a professional and helpful manner and I must say they were an excellent organisation to deal with.

(No association with them apart from being a very satisfied customer)

Used a company called Sunrooms www.sunrooms.ie and found them really good & CLEAN!! 10 x 12 foot 22,000 for a sunroom

Used a company called Sunrooms www.sunrooms.ie and found them really good & CLEAN!! 10 x 12 foot 22,000 for a sunroom

Hi siob07,

Welcome to AAM.

In line with the can you confirm if you have any association with the company recommended in your post above please.

Thanks,

Sue Ellen.

We used a company called Nicholls and Cooke ( [broken link removed] ) and they were excellent. We have a fully tiled extension but with continuous glazing (no pillars). In my opinion the benefits of a sunroom make it a far superior option over a conservatory.

We used a company called Nicholls and Cooke ( [broken link removed] ) and they were excellent. We have a fully tiled extension but with continuous glazing (no pillars). In my opinion the benefits of a sunroom make it a far superior option over a conservatory.

Can you confirm that you have no association with that company? Also note that AAM is an Irish forum, it doesn't look like they operate here.
Leo

Back