Consequences of moving from 1 to 2 auctioneers

P

Prudy

Hello.

Our house has been on the market since mid-June 2006 and although we've had a few viewings, we haven't had any solid offers. Back then, I thought there was plenty of time and I wasn't in a panic to sell. However, my moving date of early May 2007 is coming up fast and still no movement with the house.

What I would like to know is what are the consequences if I list our house with a second auctioneer? (This second auctioneer has sold a house in the same estate less than 2 months ago.)

Our current auctioneer said that she will work only for her commission and will not split with anyone if/when the house is sold by her firm. This is fine by me as the second auctioneer is also open to the agreement.

If, let's say, the new second auctioneer sells the house, would I owe my original auctioneer anything?

I don't really want to do this as I enjoy a friendly relationship with our current auctioneer, but I am getting panicky and if nothing solid happens by the end of January, then I might have to go this route.

Any advice? Thanks.

Business is business, if they aint doing it for ya then go to someone else.

Did the other house go for less than what you are asking? Have you reduced your price at all? It would seem that your house has been on the market for a considerable length of time and it could be that the price you have selected is the inhibiting factor. I would talk to another EA in the short term to gauge their opinion. It can't hurt and it could spur the 1st EA into action should you let them know you are thinking of taking your business elsewhere. I wouldn't wait till the end of January either.

Back