Consent to sale from council ( South-East )

Attride12

I am in the process of buying a ex council house in a town in the south east that i will be living in and will be my primary residence
I previously own one other house in the same town
I only realised there is a form that has been sent to the council that needs to give you consent to purchase an ex council house
Will i be rejected because im not a FTB ?

Im really worried as but iv heard mixed feedback that it differs from each local authority ?

Can you please advise

It’s a straight forward process with can take between 1-3 weeks too complete.
While your processing it you could also check if there is a lease hold on the property as the council normally had a ground rent scheme for there properties which you could buy out if applicable.

It’s a straight forward process with can take between 1-3 weeks too complete.
While your processing it you could also check if there is a lease hold on the property as the council normally had a ground rent scheme for there properties which you could buy out if applicable.
No its freehold as i checked on landdirect
Do you think i could get rejected ? i have a previous property but the one im buying will be my primary residence

No its freehold as i checked on landdirect
Do you think i could get rejected ? i have a previous property but the one im buying will be my primary residence
Normally the council don’t stand in the way of transfer but just double check with your solicitor.
It’s straight forward stuff really

Back