Connecting jump leads to battery on 2010 VW Polo Diesel

newseeker1

Hi
I have a 2010 VW Polo 1.6 Diesel

How can you connect jump leads to the battery if you want to give someone a jump start or if own battery dies

Battery seems to be housed in contained case and you don't seem to be able to access charage points on battery to connect jumper cables too

how do you do this or is this possible?

Thanks

I would be very surprised if it was not possible to remove the battery container. Look around for release clips or hinges that might give a clue as to how the casing might open.

Is your model one of the Blue Motion ones ? If so, there might be some restrictions in using jump leads as I think their battery/circuitry setup is a little more complex than that of a regular car...

Hi
I have a 2010 VW Polo 1.6 Diesel

How can you connect jump leads to the battery if you want to give someone a jump start or if own battery dies

Battery seems to be housed in contained case and you don't seem to be able to access charage points on battery to connect jumper cables too

how do you do this or is this possible?

Thanks

The top cover comes away to reveal the battery and its poles.

There should be 2 thumb shaped recesses down each side of the battery box,press them in and the cover will then slide up and lift off.And there will be your battery.Its very simple to do.:)

Thanks for replies an information

There doesn't seem to be 2 thumb shaped recessed down each side of the battery box - its smooth whole way down

However on the battery you can see that the negative charge point is visible and accessible

The positive one is covered up with plastic covering

You can slide the arrows on it and the plastic covers lifts up to expose the positive charge point

However you wouldn't be able to attached jump lead to the charge point as not all the charge point is visible

I have pics to illustrate this but don't seem to be able to attach them to this thread :-(

Thoughts

Back