Connect Laptop to Stereo Amp - Connection?

kumsheen

Does anybdy know where i can buy a cable that will connect from a standard laptop speaker socket, to a Normal Music Stereo amplifier in the AUX input.

I'm trying to connect a small laptop to a normal music stereo to be able to listen to internet radio on the stereo.

I know i can just attach PC speakers to the laptop, but can i route it through the stereo amp too?

Thanks

Peats in Dublin 1 do a jack of the type you require. I assume you are simply transferring the sound via the earphone socket on the laptop to an input on your amplifier.

If the hifi has phono sockets then its a simple 3.5 to phono lead, everywhere sells them. Maplins or Peats etc. Cheaper on line probably. Try tower records too. Or it might be a 3.5 to 3.5 lead.

Thanks for Replies.
Yeah it's just a simple transfer of the sound from a laptop earphone/speaker socket into the Stereo AMP.

fyi the Apple Airport Express (i.e. their wirless router) has a speaker / headphone jack so you can connect the router to the stereo via the AUX connection.

You than then connect via wireless to the router to play iTunes over the steros speakers without being physically to the stereo.

-pm

The AUX input on the amp will probably need a line level input signal, so a pre-amp may be required in between.

Not so in my case, have connected up a few laptops and PC's to my amp. Have connected using the 3.5mm headphone outlet on the laptop or if your amp supports optical in you could buy a USB optical sound card and connect through that.

Turtle Beach Audio Advantage range would be suitable

[broken link removed]

I got a 3.5 cable in Tower Records today. I'm connecting an Ipod to one of those little loudspeakers, but the shop should be able to advise.

Last edited:
Back