Confused -Barclays, Ulster Bank or HSBC??

Hi,
I've been following this thread with great interest. I too would like to diversify out of euro's. I've had a look at the Barclay's wealth management site. I would like a straightforward online account, where I can transfer money online myself. Does anyone have an iBank saver account and does it meet this criteria?

Secondly, re "Information Exchange - we pay interest on your savings gross." While I have every intention of paying any tax due, is going this route making me easy prey if Farmette's prediction's of foreign account targets come true?

Lastly, the charges for transferring in/out cash seem very high? Would they be as high if I went the Ulster bank route?

Any experience wold be very welcome.

Emilan

I have iBank saver, and in my experience it is easy to use and transfer in to. I'd call and negotiate charges when doing a transfer and see what they can do. Can't compare to Ulster Bank as don't have an account there.

I have iBank saver, and in my experience it is easy to use and transfer in to. I'd call and negotiate charges when doing a transfer and see what they can do. Can't compare to Ulster Bank as don't have an account there.

Bemmi, could you provide more info on the interest rate and charges for depositing/removing funds into/out of the ibank saver account?

I already have a Euro account with Barclays Bank, but it seems that this Ibank saver with Barclays Wealth is more attractive??

Cheers!

Back