Confused after Job Interview.

Rainbow08

Went for a job interview over a week ago and next day recruitment consultant called me to say I did well and the company hiring were leaning toward me over the other candidates and that things were positive. They advised me that the company will probably just make an offer to who ever in a week or so and there would be no second interviews.. They advised there was a few thing to sort out but they would keep in touch by email with updates. Not heard a word from anyone since . Would love to get the Job,am easy going in my ways, but am at a loss to know what is going on. Is this normal practice for recruitment agencies to behave like this. You hear and read things about these people but I was giving this one the benefit of doubt as they seemed professional about the whole thing.What ever about the job, the really disappointing thing for me is that I have not had any communication from anyone,common courtesy would be nice!. I finally made contact with their office to see what is happening, but the person had left early for the weekend.
What am I to take from all of this. Give up on this Job?

yes thats how all agencies are, dont give up on the job companys can take a long time to decide, but do forget about it... keep pushing for another job

I agree keep looking for other jobs and going for interviews in the mean time. You dont know how many interviews (promise of jobs I got) while job hunting, Large companies I know done 3 round of interviews then didnt take anyone on ( I Know this because a friend works in the company).

So bottom line until you have a formal contract offered and are going to sign it you should be still looking and interviewing for a potential position.

Good luck with the job hunting!!

I treat all interviews, especially those with Agencies as fire and forget. You don't hear back from most of them. Even if its not a agency some companies can take ages to come back. I once applied for a job, and was called for interview almost a year later. It then took them another 3 months to tell me I had the job. In the meanwhile I'd done 2 or 3 contracts. Agencies are very bad. Unless you get a job, or they need you for an interview, you probably won't ever hear from them.

Back