Concrete hardstand v paving

Roro999

Registered User
Messages
434
Looking to decide on finish front and back of a semi detached townhouse. Options are concrete hardstand pr paving bricks. Need to park two cars in front. Concrete is cheaper option. Paving dearer about 10k versus 4k. Is it worth it to go for paving look? Any thoughts welcome.
 
The paving will probably need to be sprayed for weeds twice a year, (weeding rather than spraying a big job).

The concrete will probably crack in time.

Why not tar macadam, there is a reason it is so common.
 
For paving, I buy a 10 kg bag of salt and throw it liberally on the pavers, rain dissolves and no more weeds for 6 months.

Bag of salt costs less than a tenner and is super effective.

Personally I'd go with pavers or tarmac as look much better than concrete.
 
For paving, I buy a 10 kg bag of salt and throw it liberally on the pavers, rain dissolves and no more weeds for 6 months.
What time of year ? Any special salt ? For a tenner and it doesn't sound like much work I will try this.
 

Not used this company but gives you an idea of size I would use.

Any time of year works, put it on weeds directly then just liberally on all pavers. Takes a bit of rain and dissolves it and within a week you'll see the results and they'll stay gone.

Maybe in 6 months theyll reappear just repeat the process and jobs a good un.

Used to use weedkiller costing a fortune and weeds back after a few weeks.
 
€1.34/KG from that link.
€0.60/KG from Tesco (similar or cheaper in Lidl/Aldi) which is what I use for weeds... ;)

1000019423.webp
 
Back
Top