Concerns regarding executrix asked to sign two withdrawal slips by solicitor.

Prince123

Dear all,
I would really appreciate some advice on the following situation. We are very concerned regarding a will.

Is it normal common practice that the executrix was asked to sign two with drawl slips by the solicitor.

It was not explained why this would be required. The executrix would be a very trusting lady and never presume anything was strange about this.

I am just concerned (as a family friend) about this ? It seems very strange. The process also is taking a very long time. Her relative that died passed away 14 months ago at this stage. The lady got the process started with the solicitor straight away but there seems to be no real "progress" . The lady has had to pay regular bills (deceased had small business) and apparently the "account of deceased " which has about 80k cannot be touched (only exception was funeral costs)
I am concerned as she is now going into a second year of trying to keep things afloat (very small business pf deceased ) which is very difficult for her.

When she mentioned the with drawl slips over last few days, I have grown very concerned.
What could this possibly be for ?

Really hope that this is standard procedure.
Would really appreciate if anybody could shed any light on this .

Many Thanks
Regards,

Last edited:
Dear all,
I would really appreciate some advice on the following situation. We are very concerned regarding a will.

Is it normal common practice that the executrix was asked to sign two with drawl slips by the solicitor.

It was not explained why this would be required. The executrix would be a very trusting lady and never presume anything was strange about this.

I am just concerned (as a family friend) about this ? It seems very strange. The process also is taking a very long time. Her relative that died passed away 14 months ago at this stage. The lady got the process started with the solicitor straight away but there seems to be no real "progress" . The lady has had to pay regular bills (deceased had small business) and apparently the "account of deceased " which has about 80k cannot be touched (only exception was funeral costs)
I am concerned as she is now going into a second year of trying to keep things afloat (very small business pf deceased ) which is very difficult for her.

When she mentioned the with drawl slips over last few days, I have grown very concerned.
What could this possibly be for ?

Really hope that this is standard procedure.
Would really appreciate if anybody could shed any light on this .

Many Thanks
Regards,
Has the executrix asked the Solicitor reasons for the delay and the signed withdrawal slips. There is most likely a simple reason for the latter in that the solicitor wished to avoid the lady having to call to his office to signwhen required. If the lady shares your concern surely she should talk to her solicitor.

Hi Trojan, thanks for that ...so do you think its for fees that solicitor encounters along the way ? apologies for my lack of knowledge ! I have now learned that the solicitor did require a fee of approx 600 euros (she was told this was for probate office) which she paid the solicitor .
the executrix is elderly herself and is just very trusting which I am concerned about. I know that its a difficult topic to advise on and that the only person that can possibly answer the question is the solicitor . I just hoped it was a straight forward / common proceudure.

All normal.

If the executrix has any concern she should ask the solicitor whatever the query is. However it sounds like she is happy and you are not. Are you a beneficiary?

The withdrawal slips are signed in advance for when the grant issues, then the solicitor will be able to access funds in the account for the executrix so there won't be another delay. The funds- as the solicitor has already explained- cannot be accessed until the grant issues, except for funeral expenses.

Back