Computer allowance

Have you a source for that. Strikes me as unlikely.
I hear it on the wireless but I can't find a source.
The CSO states that 35% of people have no pension other than the State Pension.
I suppose investments, property income and family support reduces that figure significantly but yes, 9% seems very low.

Previously most of us had to drive to the bank, search for and pay for parking, queue for ages and finally have the simple task of making an electronic transfer done.

Or we had to make an appointment with a tax officer and meet them in an office in the next county at the most awkward time possible.

And I don't recall a car allowance been available, or rebate on parking and fuel costs :)
We used to do the tax by post

That's correct, cannot afford a city dwelling but I should not be cut off because I am rural
You can't afford a city dwelling, or you can't afford a nice detached, large dwelling, with good size sunny garden in a desirable location? Property prices in Dublin start around €150k.

City dwelling would mean you can ditch the car and have greater access to cheaper goods and services.

I hear it on the wireless but I can't find a source.
The CSO states that 35% of people have no pension other than the State Pension.
I suppose investments, property income and family support reduces that figure significantly but yes, 9% seems very low.
I want a wireless allowance.

Back