Completing CA24 Form

Mijne

Hello

I am making a personal probate application for my late mother. I submitted all the documentation over six months ago to the Probate Office, and last week the Probate Office returned the CA24 Revenue Form to me and said it was not completed correctly. They have made it clear in their letter they cannot help me. I had previously gone into the Revenue Offices in Catherdral Street about the CA24 Form, and the person could not answer my questions. I then went to an accountant about completing the form.

One of the errors was I had written in the figure for the valuation of house on page 5, Question 1. The Probate Office said the Revenue will not accept writing on the downloaded form. I could not type the figure €400,000 into the boxes on page 5. When I typed in the figure it went under the Hundreds not Thousands. Can anyone help me how to complete this? Should I put in €400000.00? Do the figures have to be inside the three boxes for Thousands?

Page 7, Question 11 - Irish debts owing by the deceased and funeral expenses. I had put in funeral expenses. I had also included a Social Welfare Pension Refund (overpayment of a number of weeks after her death), her refund of her occupational pension, Local Property Tax, Probate Fees, Accountant’s Fees. Should these figures go in somewhere else on the form?

Any help with completing the form would be wonderful.

Mijne

IANAL

I don't understand why you can't type in the correct figure valuation on the form; from memory everything is rounded to the nearest euro. You don't include cents.

From memory all assets and liabilities are listed as at date of death.

I don't believe this includes probate fees or return of overpayments.

Your final executors accounting will list those expenses.

@Mijne
I think it has something to do with the computer / printer you are using. (Maybe Apple ) If you ring revenue helpline they will definitely be able to assist you to get the type in the correct boxes. The Probate fees are not a debt owed by your late mother at the date of her death so cannot be inserted on the CA24

Back