Health Insurance Complaints process for Health Insurance

Ndiddy

Hi, is there a specific authority that governs complaints with Health Insurance?
I tried to raise a complaint with a health insurance company, but was told that there is no reference number or tracking mechanism to see it through but it was being recorded. Don't feel like I can trust just there word as my complaint is around 5 recorded calls where there was a promise to call back and it did not happen!

Is there any way of getting back some insurance premium this year seeing if an advertised benefit of a policy is basically unusable?

The Financial Service Ombudsman (FSO) is who deals with health insurance complaints.

FSO will not entertain you without a final response letter.

Call your provider and ask if a complaint has been logged on your behalf.

You will then either receive a final response letter, where the insurance provider are sticking with their decision not to cover the service OR you will receive correspondence offering an explanation or offering to provide cover until you are happy with the outcome.

If their stance continues to be no cover regardless, request the final response letter and make contact with the FSO who will review your case.

Don't feel like I can trust just there word as my complaint is around 5 recorded calls where there was a promise to call back and it did not happen!

Hi N

Put your complaint in writing. Don't rely on phone calls.

Say what the problem is.
Then say how you want it rectified.
Then say that you want a Final Response Letter so that you can either accept their solution or progress a claim to the Ombudsman.

If you make your complaint over the phone, it will be more complicated as the Ombudsman would have to request a copy of the phone calls.

Brendan

Back