Complaints against a VEC: relate to a third level grant application.

johnno09

Could anyone tell me who it is possible to take complaints about the VEC to?
The circumstances relate to a third level grant application, which they keep prolonging and seeking documentation above and beyond the stated requirements, as if stalling on it.

Re: Complaints against a VEC

Could it be that your application is non-standard- or that you did not submit all documentation at the beginning. I would be reluctant to complain, as I can only assume that the particular VEC are acting within their rules, etc. I would submit the o/s documentation asap and see what happens... Just a small bit more patience!

Above and beyond the required documentation was sent in and they keep asking for more, even when the previous lot was fulfilled with precisely what they requested and judging by the tone it seems to be very much out of deliberate awkwardness/ stalling or keeping someone in a job by making so much of an application.

There must be a route of redress, surely a vec cant be a law onto itself?

In all fairness "just a small bit more patience" in March is a lot to expect, one has to eat!

For information on the complaints procedure you just need to visit the website of the particular VEC in question. Go to & click the map, or the relevant link which will bring you to the website. Then you just need to find the customer charter section (which may be at the bottom of the homepage), or customer services, or contact us or it may be in the Grants section. Each committee website is laid out differently, but is you search you will find details on their complaints procedure – it’s just a matter of looking for & finding it.

Alternatively you could phone or email & ask what the procedure is, or do a Google search for ‘Complaints Procedure Carlow VEC or Sligo VEC’ or whatever

Or, you could visit the Irish Vocational Education Association website & get contact details from there, or contact them, explain your problem & ask them for advice on making a complaint against the particular VEC.

You could also approach your local TD/ Councillor, who might be able to make enquiries on your behalf.

Sometimes, if worded nicely, if you ask the actual person that you are dealing with what the complaints procedure is, it puts more of a spring in their step. Something like ''I'm really struggling financially here, I know it's not your fault, but do you think if I made a formal complaint to someone would they allow you to process this any faster'' rather than ''I'm going to complain about you holding up my application just so as you can stay in a job, give me the name of your superior.''

What was the latest request for documentation/ info. from VEC?

Back