Complaint with Newbridge Silver photo frame.

browtal

I got a present of a very nice
Newbridge Silver photoframe, with a space for 3 photos.

I put nice photos of my 3 grown up children in the frame. The frame is now almost 3 years old and has tarnished badly.

I brought the frame to Newbridge recently and showed them its condition. They said they would give it to their complaints section, they also asked me if I had left the frame in sunshine.
The frame was in sunshine as my room had a sunny aspect. There was no mention in the box that the frame came in about protecting it from sunshine.
A couple of weeks later I got a 'piece of paper', no letterhead and no signature, enclosing the frame with the glass from two sections missing, stating the frame had been exposed to sunlight. They could not be held responsible for its condition.
I telephoned to complain and they said they would be in touch with me.
A week later a comlimentary frame looking like one from a €2 Euro shop arrived.
I would like to return the two and ask them to replace the glass in the original one at least but it is hardly worth the postage, as the way in which I was treated does not give me any hope that they will even acknowledge my returns.
Any suggestions from fellow AAM.

Hi there - I bought a silver pen in Newbridge some time ago. After I had it a relatively short length of time, number of months the whole pen was tarnished and living in the bottom my handbag, could not have been exposed to sunlight:) Took it back and they exchanged it pretty much on the spot. Unfortunately the same thing happened a while later to a lesser extent so didn't bother returning it.

FWIW, A

I have a few pieces of Newbridge too, and they are as good as the day I bought them.

Back