Key Post Comparison of ease of opening bank accounts.

confusedtech

I can't update my previous PTSB post but I am now of the opinion that I would wholeheartedly tell you to avoid like the plague.

My saga continues.

My letter requesting an appointment and also asking them to list what documentation is needed elicits no reply.

I find two missed calls on my phone, ring back for another 24 minutes on hold (made and ate lunch while waiting).

Appointnent made (finally).

Great. Now can you find out what documents I need to bring so I don't have to return to the branch a second time.

To be fair to the CS rep, this is a
specific piece of business & I don't expect them to have a script; but they should be able to find a person who does know.

Have been told branch will call me back; not holding my breath.
Thanks for the details. Helps to have some insight given I’m trying to open a new joint account.

I’ve found, as a new customer trying to get an account setup, that they don’t give two hoots about being customer centric - we spent half an hour talking to a branch manager, whilst he setup a meeting to come back in to open an account; it seemed alien to him that they could do that account opening in the 30 mins we wasted ‘having the chit-chat’.

Certainly having ‘buyers remorse’ about whether I should continue with them.

Thanks for the details. Helps to have some insight given I’m trying to open a new joint account.

I’ve found, as a new customer trying to get an account setup, that they don’t give two hoots about being customer centric - we spent half an hour talking to a branch manager, whilst he setup a meeting to come back in to open an account; it seemed alien to him that they could do that account opening in the 30 mins we wasted ‘having the chit-chat’.

Certainly having ‘buyers remorse’ about whether I should continue with them.
My advice would be to walk away.

I'm not sure that any bank is 'customer-centric' any more; but PTSB certainly take the biscuit.

Back