Comparing salaries (after tax) in different countries.

justsome1

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew the blended income tax rate(s) for different countries such as UK; Australia, Canada....

For instance if I went to work in one of those countries; how much would I have left after taxes comparable to Ireland.

Take for example €100k. In Ireland; I know the PAYE/PRSI/USC rates this will attract; and its easy to work out - after tax income.

I was wondering what €100k would equate to in these other countries compared to Ireland.

Any help appreicated

Thanks

That information is of no use without comparing it to the cost of living in those other countries and what you get for your taxes - ie free health care etc

You might get some information here, not sure as haven't looked at it in detail
http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew the blended income tax rate(s) for different countries such as UK; Australia, Canada....

For instance if I went to work in one of those countries; how much would I have left after taxes comparable to Ireland.

Take for example €100k. In Ireland; I know the PAYE/PRSI/USC rates this will attract; and its easy to work out - after tax income.

I was wondering what €100k would equate to in these other countries compared to Ireland.

Any help appreicated

Thanks

Well I think it is not really of much use, but here is the average net wage per hour for a few places:

Dublin 19.80
London 19:00
Berlin 17.70
Geneva 30.00
Chicago 20.30
LA 20.40
Milan 15.50
Copenhagen 23.50
NY 25.20
Rome 12.10
Paris 18.50
Zurich 33.40

This is from the latest [broken link removed] (it is often used by companies setting up expat packages)

Back