Comparing mobile packages

Gordanus

You may all be aware of this, but I've just discovered this site, which compares the various packages from the different mobile providers. www.callcosts.ie
Have your last bill handy as they'll need to know how many minutes, how many texts, what proportion of minutes to other networks. Brilliant site! They say that they will soon compare landline and broadband packages.

Meteor are very competitive with their new bill pay phones. You get a free phone fo your choice and the rates are def the cheapest on the market.

bobboy said:
Meteor are very competitive with their new bill pay phones.

But now the only provider on the irish market who charges roaming in the UK and NI.

Mark my words, it will only be a matter of weeks before Meteor abolish roaming charges into the UK and NI!

bobboy said:
Mark my words, it will only be a matter of weeks before Meteor abolish roaming charges into the UK and NI!

I was in a phone shop at the weekend and I was informed of the following concerning roaming charges in the UK

Only with an 02 business package would the roaming charges be abolished.

With 3 if you a receive a call while in the uk it would eat into you monthly minutes.

and Meteor could not scrap roaming charges because they dont have a network in the UK.

not sure about vodafone but it seems that all the recent advertising is a bit misleading

alligator said:
With 3 if you a receive a call while in the uk it would eat into you monthly minutes.

Unreal!!! I didn't understand that from their announcements, but this is the case, yes. However, after speaking to their lovely helpful customer support people in Scotland, the deal is that you're charged for receiving calls, but they're not taken from your monthly minutes.

alligator said:
not sure about vodafone but it seems that all the recent advertising is a bit misleading

Can you tell us specifically what is misleading to you about the Vodafone advertising?

ronan_d_john said:
Can you tell us specifically what is misleading to you about the Vodafone advertising?

I dont know how the vodafone roaming system compares...the shop that I was in didn't stock their products

its the other three that I found misleading.

Back