comparing fund performance for PRSA funds..

dubinamerica

Trying to figure out which PRSA would be a good one to go with ! Some don't have a huge variety of funds so very restrictive, and others seem to charge v. high fees.. I'm trying now to compare fund performance .. Anyone have any sites that are good for this or any ratings that the funds receive so I can compare?
Right now I'm looking at Eagle Star, new Ireland and Standard Life which all appear to offer a wide variety of funds, but I'd like to compare how they have fared over the past 3,5,10 years..

Its always difficult to get this type of unbiased information I think. Everytime you see a performance list, the company who gives it too you seems to be top. Eagle star do see to be a consistance performer over the years.
Fees are something which I looked at closely, ES seems to be resoanble enough.
Quinn also seem to have very low fees
There used to be a good post somewhere here about the different companies and all fees for PRSA and pensions.

You'll have to go into each of the websites and pull out the information on fund performance yourself.
e.g. for Eagle Star:
[broken link removed]

You'll also need to see if you are comparing like-for-like by looking at what sort of things the funds invest in - there is no point in trying to compare a fund that is 90% in equities with one that is only 40% (you should work out your asset split based on your appetite for risk).

And of course, past performance is not guarantee....but it is interesting to note that as of 1 October, the eagle star active fixed income (government treasuries) has returned 5.27% over the last ten years which is superior to the ten year performance of all their equity funds...

Back