Company website question

Dublander

I am involved in a business which have a very professional website, now obviously I would like to direct more traffic towards it. One option I was looking at was to purchase other domain names which would be associated with the type of business I am running and redirect the traffic to my website. I have found a very suitable website domain name but it is already taken, but I would like to look into buying it off this individual. From the hosting company I found out his name but I cannot get the contact info, does anyone know how to get around this so an offer can be made to this individual??

As Bob said you need to optimise your website better. If you put up a link here to the site or send me a PM I can give you some advice on what you need to do.

Buying an alternative domain name and displaying the same content on it could give you worse rankings in google due to its dislike on duplicate content.

Try

then enter the domain name and the contact details should appear.

Last edited:
best thing is to google for "Google Website Optimiser" this tells you how to optimise your website for google bots (you should also create a google account and optimise your website based on the account tools)

you could also get some more sites to refer to your website which can help with your site ranking

pm if you have any questions

best thing is to google for "Google Website Optimiser" this tells you how to optimise your website for google bots (you should also create a google account and optimise your website based on the account tools)

Actually, Google Website OptimiZer is an extremely complicated multi variant testing tool that incorporates various testing methods including the taguchi method. It's one of Google's "best kept secrets". It's the first result when you perform the search you mentioned.

I think what you meant was a "search engine optimisation" company. :)

Dublander,

I would be careful of that tactic. Google will not look favourably on a redirect of that nature as it will be seen as a spam type method.

Back