Company share sales

Bow tie

Hello, I have some small value shares which have been in a revenue approved 3 year scheme and I'll likely sell shortly.
There will be no gain or small enough to be under the yearly tax free threshold. I'm PAYE and there will be no actual gain, do I need to go through the whole form 12 process? I could have sworn I saw an online way of declaring the sale, but cannot fnd it now.

Hello, I have some small value shares which have been in a revenue approved 3 year scheme and I'll likely sell shortly.
There will be no gain or small enough to be under the yearly tax free threshold. I'm PAYE and there will be no actual gain, do I need to go through the whole form 12 process? I could have sworn I saw an online way of declaring the sale, but cannot fnd it now.
You fill in a pdf version of a form CG1 and upload as an attachment via your Revenue MyAccount as a MyEnquiry.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I was told I needed to do a form 12 at the end of the year too- i'm confused as I wont have any gain and I thought form 12 was not for PAYE?

Thank you, that's very helpful. I was told I needed to do a form 12 at the end of the year too- i'm confused as I wont have any gain and I thought form 12 was not for PAYE?
A form 12 is the tax return for PAYE individuals. It's the name of the return most PAYE individuals file using their Revenue MyAccount to claim tax reliefs for health expenses and claim overpayments of tax back. There is no online CGT section for it however hence the need to file the CG1. There is a paper version of it that contains a CGT section but it's hardly ever used anymore.

You may be thinking of a form 11 tax return for chargeable persons

Last edited:
Back