company required days off at own expence, sign on question

johnwilliams

the company i work for from time to time run into a quiet period and tell us to take a day off , expect a lot of this in 2007,options they give us are
(1) day from your holidays
(2) time off at your own expence
my question relates to the second option ,if i take time off at my own expence am i allowed to sign on that day .what documents etc do i need from my company to satisfy the sign on office and do they need much notice. also what kind of payment would i receive, any other information welcome too.

Sounds like lay off time - e.g. time which is still reckonable as service in situations such as redundancy but during which you may not be working/paid and may be entitled to sign on. Best to check your statutory rights on this front with the DETE Employment Rights section.

You will only get paid Jobseeker's benefit if you are not working for three days in any week (excluding Sundays), so it does not soyun dlike yopur "unemployed days" would mean any payment to you. alos, you would have to prove that you were looking for work and available for work on those days, obviously.

Back