company name, what age to start

In order to be a director you need to be around 12. If your ring the CRO or go to their website at www.cro.ie they should be able to tell you

Yeah i will believe that, but still humorous. My son is 16 and he wants to register a company name.

thanks

What precisely do you mean by "register a company name"?

If you mean a limited company registration then [broken link removed] and [broken link removed] might be pertinent. Becoming a director of a limited company is not something to be undertaken lightly even if it used to be.

A company and a business name are two different things. Setting up a company is not to be taken lightly, as a company is a separate legal entity and it carries significant responsibilities for the directors. A business name registration is simply an obligation to register a name under which you trade which is not the same as your own name. Lots of previous posts covering all related topics.

A company and a business name are two different things. Setting up a company is not to be taken lightly, as a company is a separate legal entity and it carries significant responsibilities for the directors.

This is a really good point and I wish it was emphasized more.

Back