Company electric car?

alri

Looking for some input please, currently I am using my own car (diesel) for business purposes approx 20k km PA & 5k personal ,the car will be 8 yrs old this year. With the increase in fuel costs I am now paying approx €500 pm which is probably only going to increase ! As second hand car value is high at the moment
,I would expect to get about €15k on a trade in, should I consider A)buying an electric car through my company B) leasing an electric car through the company c) Stay as is until I have to change. Thoughts much appreciated.

Do you pay expenses to yourself for the vehicle from the company in line with current mileage rates?
This can be a great earner for those with EVs as you can still claim high mileage rates despite the cars being very cheap to run. This is likely to change in the near future though. These expenses are tax free.

Alri - I tried to work through the calculations on this previously:

Take a look and see if they make sense, I didn't calculate the leasing option but it is definitely worth consideration.

0 BIK on an EV at the moment

so a very good option in some of the newer vehicles if you can get one from work.

I talked to a guy from south wexford recently who has an ID4 very happy with it covers national work and has never had an issues.
Charges at home so always fill then the odd charge in services
A lot more destination chargers going in too so a great option

Lotso of options coming on now with decent range and very nice too
The new Kia and Hyundai offerings look great.

Back