Commuting from Celbridge to St Stephens Green

Cantona

Hi,

I have recently bought in Celbridge and am wondering what is the most effiecent way to commute to St Stephens Green and be there by 8.00am in the mornings?

Any help would be appreciated....

Define efficient -- time, fuel, money, stress?
Probably the Arrow train to Heuston (< 30 mins) plus bus or walk from there (probably another 30 mins!).

Do you mind me asking -- did you investigate public transport before buying? Was renting clsoer to work an option you considered?

Hi there,

There a few options from Celbridge: train from Hazelhatch to Heuston station, then luas to jervis street (you can buy all in one ticket) followed by a 10-15 min walk depending on your pace!

There are Dublin buses (no.67) that go to and from Pearse Street which is only 5-10 min walk to Stephens green.

Alternatively Mortons bus service run a private bus service between the city and Celbridge http://www.circlelinebus.com

Hey,

Efficient as in time. I've lived in Celbridge all my life and have just moved out of home into my own place and am now starting to work in St Stephens Green.

The Mortons bus will not get me in in time. I'm really looking for the most time efficient way to get from the Quays (if I got bus) or from Heuston (if the train is more viable) so as to be in Stephens Green for 8.00am - again if either of you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.....

Train from Hazelhatch 7.08
Arrive heuston 7.31
Bus 92 to leeson Place via stephens green Depart 7.35

An alternative is to get the train at 6.49 arriving in heuston at 7.10
Bus 92 to leeson Place via stephens green Depart 7.10

Train timetable from Hazelhatch [broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

motorbike - you won't beat it and you're not depending on any other public service.

Cheers for getting back to me.

I presume that theres a 92 service running in the evenings back down to Heuston - thanks again.

i'd be a bit worried about the 92 as they usually leave at 10,30,50 minutes past the hour. if you miss the 730 92 (which you would) there's another option which is the 46e which goes to Belfield this goes up Kildare Street, they're a bit irregular but tend to leave Heuston between 92s. I would also mention to your new boss your travel situation and you might be surprised that they would give you some leeway. best of luck with the new job and house.

First buses on the 92 are 7.10 and 7.35 so you could make the 7.35 getting off a train that gets into heuston at 7.30. I think it waits for the train (a few minitues anyway)
In the evening the bus leaves wilton place (leeson street bridge) on the hour and every 20 minitues thereafter

Hey,

Cheers for that folks. Just checking out an alternative, if I leave Celbridge at 6.30am by car would I miss the traffic does anyone know from experience? What time could you expect to reach Stephens Green if I left at 6.30am - again, much appreciated....

Trial and error I suppose.
Which part of Celbridge did you move into?, the train may not be an option, if you have to walk to the station.
I live in Celbridge and frequently have to go into town early, and if you are considering going by car, five minutes will make a huge difference.
You could be fine at 6.30 for city centre at 8.00, but 6.35 and you could be 20mins late!
Theres a 67 bus at 6.30, which should have you in with time to spare.

you'll have a walk from pearse st 10 - 15 minitues.

If going by car, parking could be a nightmare although if arriving around 8 am you should be ok but you'll have to pay approx €3 per hour for the privilage feeding the meter every few hours unless you organise a car parking space.

A number of people leave a push bike in heuston overnight Approx 10 to 15 min cycle or if that to energetic you could get a moped approx 5 to 10 min.
You could also walk from heuston approx 2 miles 30 - 40 min walk good exercise.

This is what you want. Fast, safe and cheap. And no probs in the rain.

I'm currently commuting from Celbridge to Donnybrook. I leave at 6.20 and am in the office at 7am. If I leave at 6.25, I get in at 7.15 and if I leave at 6.30, I get in at 8.30!!
I got the Mortons bus once at 7am but didn't get to the office until 9am.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Following the improvments to the N4 over the last few months, does anyone know the commute time by the 67X from Celbridge into the city centre - Dolier Street, Baggot Street, Stephen's Green?

Thanks, Triona

Hi Folks,

Just wondering is the first 67x that leaves Celbridge at 7.00am ? Am I correct in assuming this goes by the Wolstan Haven area of Celbridge - where does this route start and what time does it go by Wolstan haven ? Lastly what time does the bus arrive at St Stephens Green at if you got this 7.00am service ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Back