Commute time - South Dublin to Blanchards town?

gnashers

Hi All,

I have a client who will be moving to Dublin from the US soon. Their offices will be based in Blanchardstown but they'd like to live on the South side for access to the private primary schools for their kids.

They asked me how long I thought it took to get to Blanchardstown via the M50 and I said probably an hour....... being a northsider I don't really have a clue but now I'm thinking that I might have been a bit optimisitc? Any ideas of a more accurate answer.

They're looking at Dalkey, Glenageary and Dundrum.

Cheers,

Gnashers

an average of an hour would be about right, I can do ashbourne to citywest in under 25 minutes on the m50 if the wind is blowing in the right direction. If something holds up the m50 though, its stick the finger in the air time.
Dundrum a lot different to Dalkey/glenageary. Have they looked at castleknock?

They have 2 girls aged 6 and 9 who they would like to send to fee paying schools (which all seem to be on the south side) and the reccomendations that they have gotten from their friends in the states is too live southside so that's where they'd like to look.

Gnashers

It would definitely be an hour if not more. Though maybe with the barrier free tolling it might speed things up a bit.

I appreciate they may have friends on the Southside, but surely a shorter commute on a daily basis would be better than being close to friends you might see, what, twice a week!? At most...

There are a few fee paying schools on the Northside: For girls - Mount Sackville or even Loreto (in town-easily commutable from Castleknock), for Boys - Castleknock College or Belvedere (again, town-based, but commutable)...or Kings Hospital is only a short trip from Castleknock, and its mixed...

Back