Communion gift

Holtend82

What is an acceptable gift for my god daughters communion? Should i give her money or maybe a gift is a better gift from her god father?
It is my 3rd nieces communion in 4 years and i have given money to the other two.

What do ye think?

A Godparent should give something more memorable than cash, but just the gift - no as well as cash

Thanks TarfHead, i was thinking of either a bracelet or prize bonds, the bonds might seem boring for a child but its something they could have for life.

I think a mix of cash and a nice item of jewellery would be good, a bracelet or locket for example.

If you're gong down the jewellery route what about a charm bracelet?

You could then get a charm for other momentous occasions, such as confirmation, 16, 18, & 21

I got my first watch with my Communion money, and I was just thrilled with myself, so for my god-daughter I bought a very cool Swatch (kids) watch. I also put two fivers in an envelope, and marked them 'to spend' and 'to save'. If she has her ears pierced, nice silver or gold stud earrings might be an idea.

My cousin got his godson a watch. But he didn't buy it in advance and give it to him on the day. He promised him a future day out in town, where his godson could pick out the watch for himself & then go see a film and go to McDonalds. It was all his godson could talk about on the day itself. He got so much swag/money/gifts on the day itself, everything kinda blended into one big blur of excitement. He was so over stimulated, things got lost in the shuffle. But giving him some thing to look forward to once the big day was over, was a great idea I thought. I guess the same thing would work with a god daughter re bringing her into town to get her her first nice piece of jewelry, such as a pair of earrings/bracelet etc.

Thanks beffers, it def would not be her first piece of jewelry!!!
I took her out the weekend shopping, she picked some earings and clothes, followed by a trip to the circus and McDonalds!!! A good days work and a happy kid :)

Back