Communion & Confirmation - How much money?

sabrina

Any suggestions on how much to give a child these days for making their communion & confirmation? I have a god child & 2 cousins for communion and 1 cousin for confirmation!!!

I think God Child for communion should get €50 and others €20 and God Child for Confirmation should get €100 others €30-€40. How does this sit...
I have God Child for 21st soon and though I remembered birthdays, Christmas's and Easter Eggs until he was 13 I decided to leave the next one till 21. I am thinking €321 for his 21st.... That is my way of thinking anyway.
L.

I think God Child for communion should get €50 and others €20 and God Child for Confirmation should get €100 others €30-€40. How does this sit...
I have God Child for 21st soon and though I remembered birthdays, Christmas's and Easter Eggs until he was 13 I decided to leave the next one till 21. I am thinking €321 for his 21st.... That is my way of thinking anyway.
L.
I like the way you say should get, you give them a reasonable amount that you can afford. €321 for his 21st he must have been mad about you that night.

Yes i was thinking 50 for the God child and about 30 for cousins. Its expensive whatever way you look at it!! If you give them a bible or beads or anything other than money, not only does the child look funny at you, but the parents think your a stingy thing!!!

Money Money Money !
I think it has all got out of hand with money for these occasiions.
They are supposed to be religious events - but money has taken over for most kids and parents too.
Never mind what other people think - give what you can afford or even better donate to charity on their behalf. Might start a new trend?

I totally agree with you Irishlinks. I was at a first communion a few years ago after the ceremony while the photographs were being taken I saw a child after getting her first communion with her mother she was opening her cards one by one and she was taking the money out counting it and putting it in her bag as the mother was stuffing the cards into her bag. Then the mother was going around blowing about how much money her daughter got.

I'd give €50 for godchildren and €30 for others, i wouldn't give over 50 for any of them, €50 is alot of money for any child!

I gave €25 to my best friend's daughter last week. The parents had a lovely buffet in their home and a bouncy castle for the kids. There was no alcohol served which I though was quite considerate at there were kids everywhere.

Back