Commissioner for oaths

F

fangs

I'm looking for a commissioner for oaths to witness a few document signings. In the interest of driving down inflation and avoiding a rip off can anyone let me know what I should expect to pay. How are fees typically structured, i.e is it per signature or per document???

Any recommendations out there for a CO in south west dublin

I always assumed that Commissioner for Oaths was simply a (type of?) solicitor? Is this link of any use?

cheers for your prompt reply. Yeah, useful site. I kinda knew solicitors were COs but its not limited to just them. Regarding rates the link mentions the following

"There is a standard fee of 5 euro per signature charged by a Commissioner for Oaths for verifying statements. However, some Commissioners impose a flat fee of 5 euro, irrespect of the number of signatures on the document. You are advised to check charges in advance."

It s the second type of commissioner I'd be interested in as I've 3 docs to sign. I'll do a ring around and post the results later.

Thanks again

C for Oaths

The website linked in out of date.

The standard fee is now €10 per signature.

For three docs, where only you are signing each one the charge should be €30. If there is an exhibit which attaches to any of the documents (e.g. marriage cert.) you will be charged €4 as well for this to be signed.

Re: C for Oaths

I'm not sure of recent but anyone can be a CO. Go to your local Garda station and they will give you a list in your area. When I got a form signed before I went to a local school teacher who was a CO and he signed it for nothing. Avoid the solicitor and just ask before the signatories how much it will cost. Just tell him/her that you need to get to a banklink. If you think its too dear go to the next on the list.

Are you sure that you're not confusing Peace Commissioner with Commissioner for Oaths?

Ooops my mistake. Thought they were both the same thing to be honest.

Back