Commission on sales

Q

quinny1

I work for a company and pay paye and prsi with them, i also do sales for their sister company but only get paid commission on what sales i get. Do i get taxed on this amount or does anyone know how this works.

Who pays this additional income? Just ask them are they deducting the proper taxes. If it's the one payroll department for both companies they probably do. It should be clear from your payslip, at any rate.

the company that pays the commission there is only me some there is no payroll for this company, the sister company that i get paid from my taxes are all right on this.

I don't understand your comments. Basically if the commission income is not subject to tax/PRSI deductions at source by whoever pays it then you need to declare this income yourself and discharge any liabilities that arise. Your employer(s?) may or may not have legal obligations to deal with the tax/PRSI issues at source. But if they don't it's ultimately your own responsibility to ensure that your tax affairs are kept up to date. I would get independent, professional advice if I was you. You could ask the DETE employee rights section for information about what should happen in this situation?

Back