Commercial property parking space issuee

yeap

Hi all.

A question regarding commercial properties. I am renting a commercial unit and have a custom sized shipping container (smaller than my jeep) in one of my 3 designated spots. Sits perfectly in spot and not pushing out onto the road.

The landlord has no issue with it but the management company does. The council have no issue with it (rang them about it) It doesn't impede traffic. Can even be painted to match buildings if looks are the issue (which he claims even though theres a very large commerical skip on communal grass land never moved..abandonded cars covered in moss..rubbish etc)

. Does the management company have any case? Nothing in my lease with landlord restricting it and estate agent confirmed before before signing lease that he asked and was no issue. This isnour 3rd unit we have had it..first two no problems. Its used as a mobile workshop from time to time if needed on sites.

Thanks

The devil is in the detail.................

The landlord has no issue with it - of course he doesn't, he wants a tenant in situ paying rent

but the management company does.

Nothing in my lease with landlord restricting it
and
estate agent confirmed before before signing lease that he asked and was no issue.

There is a standard clause in most commercial long leases ( i.e. your landlord's title) restricting what you can park in a car park space.

Does the management company have any case?

Yes.

mf

Back