Commercial BER - received a B , should it be a G?

GreenFlag

Hey

I just got a commercial ber done on a small warehouse unit i have. (i do domestic bers myself).

This unit is a small warehouse with an office , toilet etc. it was built about 1988 , poor insulation to walls , floor , roof etc. no heating, no cooling and just a bit of lighting. the assessor gave me a rating of B1!!!!!!!

I was assuming it would be a G. could this be right. in the domestic scenario the building would be punished for not having heatiung and would automatically be assumed to have electric heating. does the opposite happen in the commercial Ber ie does my unit get rewarded for not having any heating / cooling / ventilation ( or any energy associated with same)etc even though you could barely stand in it in the cold winter days??

any thoughts?

its a small warehouse so they calculate the heating load differently to a domestic dwelling. the problem is that using the defaults in the isbem (commerical BER) can in many cases actually improve your result, (for instance you might have an industrial lighting layout using 1000's of Watts or you can use the lower default)

where as with deap (BER) the opposite was the case until recently.. although now with the new part L and the new DEAP software as it is currently, I think well see the same behaviour as regards the building fabric inputs to help reduce the renewable heating requirements.

Back