Combined UCITS-US ETF strategy

You are right. That was a copy-paste mistake. was wrong too . They are all ETFs

- () Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (30%)
- () Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (15%)
- (VGK) Vanguard FTSE Europe ETF (15%)

- (VNQ) Vanguard REIT Index Fund (5%)
- (VNQI) Vanguard Global ex-U.S. Real Estate ETF (5%)

- (BNDX) Vanguard Total International Bond ETF (10%)
- () Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (10%)
- (VWOB) Emerging Market Bonds (10%)

Best of luck, and See you in around 16 years time. :)
This is a good allocation, 60% equities, (30% US equities (VTI); 15% Global ex-US equities (VXUS); 15% Europe (VGK), (but why no specific allocation to emerging market equities? ); 10% property, evenly split between US and other.; then 30% fixed income.

However, if you have 15 - 20 years to go, why are you investing so much of your portfolio in fixed income, i.e. bonds? I know Malkiel provides for bonds in his allocations but this is written from a US perspective. Unless you need income why invest so much in bonds? The only reason for doing so, unless you need income, it is that by including such a high allocation to bonds the resultant portfolio meets you personal risk profile. If so ,you should do it, but if not, and you want non-correlated returns and stability, why not look at SL GARS or equivalent, absolute return or non-correlated funds, timber, short term IE state deposits, or, perhaps, keep an eye open for a suitable entry point into commodities? Diversifying your portfolio by including uncorrelated assets is your only free lunch.

[[Disclaimer: The above is comment / observation and is not a recommendation to follow any particular investment strategy or to buy / not buy any particular fund or stock.]

This is a good allocation, 60% equities, (30% US equities (VTI); 15% Global ex-US equities (VXUS); 15% Europe (VGK), (but why no specific allocation to emerging market equities? ).

That is a good point. I did a scan of my whole suggested portfolio, and the real estate allocation is very high: 21%.
So, I might reduce the VNQ and VNQI allocation from 5% to 3% each, and consider adding 6% of VWO

However, if you have 15 - 20 years to go, why are you investing so much of your portfolio in fixed income, i.e. bonds?

I am confortable with the 30% bonds allocation. Even, after doing a deeper research, the emerging bonds (10%) seems now quite risky to me. So, that 10% might get distributed differently

Thanks for your insights !

Last edited:
Back