Combi Boiler?

markm030

Hi, We are replacing the boiler in our newly bought house. We initially just wanted to get a condenser boiler however one of the builders we got in to quote on some work we wanted done said a combi boiler would be much better as it is instant heat and no need for water tank in hot press or attic. He said that we had good water pressure and therefore is a better option than a condenser.
Another builder we got in to quote however stated that his plumber advised that he would not recommend a combi boiler and that they would be more suitable for a bathroom.
Has anyone got some advice we can rely on?

Hi, we installed one a good few years ago in an old house we renovated and it was one of the best heating systems we ever had the house originally had a normal boiler, the downside is it is running all the time if you want to wash up after dinner( we are averse to dishwashers) or anything else it comes on when you turn the tap on, it won't fill a bath in any hurry either, the hot press is a handy thing so we ran a copper pipe along the wall and put in one anyway, on the plus fantastic heat output, on the minus the fact that its running all the time, hope it helps

Yeah never thought that you would need to leave it on all the time. Sure it is more expensive to run then?

it would work out more expensive alright, I had basically got a spec from a plumber of what i would need radiator and boiler size wise and had bought it a few months before hand, When i did the job i went with a different guy and he told me they were more suited to small house or apartments, having said that it was fantastic but they dont store very much water so it does need to be on all the time.

Back