Coins for sale

B

bmulvany

Old coins - How can I cash them (sell them)? Any Advice but we dont want to sell them online.

There's a Stamp/Coin Dealer above the sports shop on Cathedra St. (Just off O'connell St). Or check the Golden Pages there's plenty of dealers.

You won't get top dollar though. Regardless of what a catalogue says they are worth, when it comes to selling Stamps and Coins you'll usually find you actually get a lot less.

It would be worth getting a catalogue, and figuring out what you have so you know before you get an offer. Your local library should have catalogues.

If you don't want any hassle just bring them in and offer them to the dealer, but be prepared to be underwhelmed by the price you're offered.

-Rd

It depends on a number of things like
age, condition, circulated or not, scarcity etc?
Very hard to sell coins online as people would need to see them in person rather then looking at pictures.
I know the shop in Cathedral Street, it's called Cathedral Stamps but they do coins as well as Stamps.
Bring the coins in to them and the bloke there will tell you what they are worth.

Selling coins

My sister worked for the central bank and she said that the major coin collectors/dealers are in Germany ... maybe if you contact the Central bank they will point you in the right direction.

Re: Selling coins

Henny Penny
Why does your sister reckon the "major dealers" are located in Germany? What's the difference between an Irish coin dealer and a German coin dealer to make one "major" and the other not?

sorry

... I should have said that the major coin collectors are based in Germany ... must be something to do with the German psyche ...

Re: sorry

What's the difference between an Irish coin dealer and a German coin dealer to make one "major" and the other not?

I presume the amount of business they do would be the difference.

-Rd

re coins

depending on their rarity, you could always put a free ad in the Buy & Sell paper !

Ah, okidoki987, it is hard to keep a good inferiority complex down.

I found a millennium 50p down the back of the sofa last week. Is it worth anything at all?

Back