Code for Car Radio

daithid2000

Hi,

The battery went flat in my car and now the radio is saying that I need to enter a code in. I have no idea of what this code is, bought the car second hand, and there doesn't seem to be a radio manual with it.

Any suggestions on what to do to get this sorted?

Contact the local dealer. Show them the reg to prove the car is yours and see if they can help you.

I was told that there is a hefty charge for getting the code. I did without a radio!

I was told by the garage that I bought the car from, that they keep the code on file,
and to refer back to them if I ever needed it. I did have to do this at one stage.
No suggestion that there was a charge.

Thanks for the replies.

Phoned up a Peugeot dealer and they gave it to me over the phone, after giving them the reg number. Will try it this evening and hopefully it works. There was no charge for this.

daithid2000 said:
Thanks for the replies.

Phoned up a Peugeot dealer and they gave it to me over the phone, after giving them the reg number. Will try it this evening and hopefully it works. There was no charge for this.
Had you purchased the car from this dealer? Did they ask for you to identify yourself?

It somewhat defeats the purpose of a security code if all you need to get the code is a phone call!

They (Dealers) usually look for id and log book if you didn't buy the car off them.

Nope, hadn't bought the car from them, nor did I have to give a name or address. It does sort of defeat the purpose alright, but I am not complaining!

Back