Closing my Irish Bank Account. Do Rabo Accept Cheques?

R

ROBERT_R

My problem ... I have had enough of the Irish banks and want nothing to do with them any more. I have dosh in two Irish Nationwide accounts and dosh in a AIB current account. :eek: Irish Nationwide don't do bank transfers, they just do cheques. Will Rabo accept a cheque from Irish Nationwide ?????? :confused: If not how do I move the dosh? What are my choices for current accounts? I see no current account best buys. TNX.

From Rabo:

[broken link removed]

Can I lodge a cheque or draft to my account at anytime?
You can lodge a cheque or draft to your account at anytime. Please note your Customer Number and your Savings Account details on the back of the cheque and post it to our FREEPOST address:

RaboDirect
FREEPOST F4006
PO Box 10152
Dublin 2

Please note from the day your cheque is lodged it will take 6 working days to clear but don't worry you are earning interest for 5 of those days

Open your account first, then post the cheque.

Current account best buys are here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=21774

The below account would seem to suit your needs:

[broken link removed]
Day to Day Banking: Free (no conditions)
Credit Interest Rate: Zero
Non EUR cash withdrawals: 2% (min €3, max €12), plus foreign exchange fee of 1.5%
Debit Card Type: Visa Debit

Hi,

Just to note, I was in INBS about a month ago and was told that if a withdrawal is for greater than 5K they can transfer it to the other bank; if less than this it has to be taken as a cheque.

Back