Clocked cars

hey, anyone help me on this?

i am after buying a car in febuary and i am certain that this car is clocked, the sales guy said its 29,000 km but i done a history check and the results said it is 52% below avg so it doesnt look good. so anyone know what i can do ?

i am after buying a car in febuary and i am certain that this car is clocked, the sales guy said its 29,000 km but i done a history check and the results said it is 52% below avg so it doesnt look good. so anyone know what i can do ?

What do you mean by history check? Any history on that car surely wouldn't refer to averages? If the mileage is 52% similar aged cars, that in itself is no indication of clocking.
Leo

Where does this leave the DIY man when he wants to sell his car? I service my own car which is a lot cheaper that any garage, service history is great but it costs a lot of money.

Hi Johnny1,

It isn't really a problem if you keep a record and receipts of what you have done. I recently bought a motorcycle that had no service history after the waranty period because the owner serviced it but he had receipts for all the parts he used and the dates matched the service record he had kept.
He also used a garage where he had an account to get parts so the receipts included his name and address.

The only thing that you may have to prove to a potential buyer is your competence at mechanics but the condition of the car / engine will usually show this.

Stefg

Back