Clifden Terrace Ballyfermot

trevorku

Just wondering as I live in the area, have many people live here had alot of problems with the following that I've had to put up with since buying the house off AH one year ago:-

Leak above fridge(coming from upstairs sink)
Leak above where TV unit is (Unfinished roof tiles)
Leak from the Gas boiler (happened when first moved in)
Leak in the converted attic bedroom probably from the stupid seagulls knocking the tile slates loose.

Kids walking on the back walls, trying to be intimidating, staring in your home, sitting on top of your first floor roof, pilfering stuff from peoples sheds (I actually witnessed this).

Having a bottle of 'Fat Frog' thrown through my 2 year old sons bedroom window,,, all I can say is thank god for double glazing !!

Anyone else who purchased from AH have similar stories?

hi trevor living here too, had problems with kids going along the back walls alright but haven't had any other problems. Hope its all going good for ye

Get a large tin of grease and rub it along the top of the wall, might fix the problem..

I had thought about the grease on the walls thing before, however I reckon id have to actually ask the neighbours permission before hand also so thats why i didnt do it. Also I think if they fall and break their necks then they can probably sue you or something, even though they're tresspassing!!

Leo I used to make myself hoarse screaming for them to get off the back walls, actually we were away a few months ago and the turds went through my shed and stole some small things, I think I forgot to lock the shed, even still they had no right to go through the stuff.

You living on the field side or Clifden Drive side? You all sorted and everything and settled? I'll be there 2 years in Sept.

I had thought about the grease on the walls thing before, however I reckon id have to actually ask the neighbours permission before hand also so thats why i didnt do it.

If the garden is reasonably sized, some pyracantha bushes planted around the walls would do the job of discouraging interlopers and not need any permission from neighbours. They grow fast and very thorny. Once they get even slightly above the height of the wall, they would stop only the most determined who would need cutting tools. Even placed at strategic points they would stop kids running across the back wall for fun. Even a short iron trellis securely drilled and fixed into the tops of the walls on the OPs side of the garden a few inches above the height of the wall would make it impossible to run across it. Climbing plants can also cover and change its appearance , preferably thorny ones ;)

Thats something ill definitely look into bullworth :)

glad to have helped :)

I have some pyrachantha bushes myself and it eliminated any mischievous kids problem I had to zero. I havent had anyone on my back wall in years. It also gives a sense of greater home security. Even before it grew to wall height the prospect of falling or jumping onto one of those was too much for them to contemplate as the thorns are like needles.. It also looks pretty good with berries in the winter and stays green all year around.
When you plant it at first it's small but don't lose heart. After a year or maybe 2 the bushes central stem starts to take on a very thick treelike appearance so you can keep it trimmed as it goes vertical and then allow it to grow onto and over the top of the wall. Just keep it well trimmed or even tied to the wall when it gets taller to stop it falling over as they want to grow outwards as well as upwards.

hiya all,

just wondering if there is many of you living on clifden terrace that constantly get the e119 error on your boiler, i'm actually get fed up with now and was going to ring the council about it but just curious if anyone else has the same issue. I know it generally means a leak in the system but i have searched and cannot find one

thanks

Heating / E119 Error on Boiler

Hi its been happening to us for as long as I can remember, usually it seems to happen more in the winter time and less than the summer so was thinking maybe the government was putting some restrictions on water pressure but that seems unlikely.

Especially the last few months its been really bad, we can never wake up to a warm house or warm water, water pressure gone all the time so everytime we want to heat the house we need to go to top room and release the value.

Recently a thing we have been doing which seems to have worked is when water pressure goes, when in top bedroom instead of closing all the way after releasing, leave the value opened little bit and it should fix the problem, not sure if that makes the issue worse but its worked for us anyways.

Probably waste of time contacting the council, probably just tell you your outside the warranty or something, wouldnt say its leaking pipe as its affecting so many of us here, just a shoddy system put up too quick without care. If the council just say they will fix it, let me know because I'll be the next one to contact him.

When I was getting my gas boiler in the kitchen serviced few months ago, told the guy about it and he said if you get a plumber in they can install a thing on the value, think its an autopressure valve so everytime the water pressure dropped it automatically adjusts the pressure, havent gotten around to that myself but will probably do that in the future.

Hope that helps.

- Trevor

Also you will get more replies if you post here

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=88679&page=9

Last edited:
Back