Clearview vs Stovax

Peachie

I am trying to decide between the Clearview and Stovax 6kW multifuel stoves.They are both appealing as both offer the dual air systems and both are very simple (non-ornate) and compact stoves. Has anyone had experience of either? Or are there any others I should consider?

TIA!
P

we have the firewarm 12kw stove, a picture to show you what its like http://www.firesonline.com/acatalog/Firewarm_Multi_fuel_Stoves.html

We bought it in our local topline hardware shop for €500, alot cheaper than ebay or uk websites, I think a 6kw was about €375, there was a sale on though. Very reasonably priced. we have ours in the kitchen, have a steel woodburner in the sunroom, and have yet to purchase a stove for the presently used as a junkroom sitting room.

I actually thought, oh its very cheap, it must have crap airwash, but big surprise, its pretty good, cast iron (slower to heat up but gives out heat for longer than the wood burner). Actually if glass needs to be cleaned in the stove, the firewarm is easier to clean than the wood burner which cost €1200, so a big thumbs up.

In saying that though, I love the tall stoves, and wouldnt swop my woodburner as it really suits the sunroom. I would be tempted to get another firewarm for the sitting room, but's another room suited to a tall standalone stove and would go for a Nestor Martin steel mult-fuel for there when we have the money.
The firewarm really suits alcoves though, which is what is it in our house.

ooh the morso is lovely! did you buy from firesonline, how did you find the service and if you didnt buy from them, who from and how much? just curious and wondering how the price compares to buying here?

I know the firewarm is put together here in Ireland, hence being cheaper here than in UK

Firesonline.co.uk had the cheapest price that we saw - €1050. But shipping would have been around €200. Also, we had difficulty finding an independent fitter.

Fenton's in Greystones have it at €1400 - so for the sake of the €150, we decided to buy closer to home and get it fitted by them as well... That way, if anything goes wrong, we'll only have one person to get in touch with.

Very happy with the stove. Great light and heat - huge window on it. I can strongly recommend it.

Hi,
Silly question perhaps but are these stoves very hot to the touch? I ask because I'm interested in their aesthetics & heating appeal, but am worried about little 'nippers' getting burnt if (& when) they get curious about the new black thing in the living room!! Also, I'd appreciate any opinion as to which gives the best heat output (for room only, not hot water). Thanks, apple1

Yes - they are hot to the touch - which is how they heat a room so efficiently! Not sure how safe they'd be for inquisitive little hands... Maybe get on to a Stove retailer? I'm sure there must be some sort of child guard that you can get?

Hi,
Silly question perhaps but are these stoves very hot to the touch? I ask because I'm interested in their aesthetics & heating appeal, but am worried about little 'nippers' getting burnt if (& when) they get curious about the new black thing in the living room!! Also, I'd appreciate any opinion as to which gives the best heat output (for room only, not hot water). Thanks, apple1

I will post up a pics of mine to give you an idea when I get a chance, easier than explaining.

Back