Cleaning Keyboard on computer

dewdrop

One of the keys gets stuck now and then and on closer examination there seems to be a lot of dust in this area and dare i say maybe crumbs! Is there a simple way of cleaning without creating damage? no more eating in future.

If it's getting stuck, there may be a little more than dust in there, and perhaps something sticky spilled in there some time back. With a little force, you can generally pop the individual keys out. Then, using a cotton bud/screen cleaner/alcohol wipe, clean the contact area under the offending key.

Detach the keyboard. Bring to local garage and blast with air hose. Should work!

Try putting it in the dishwasher...

Sounds daft I know but so long as it's allowed to dry before you plug it in again its a good way to clean it.

[broken link removed]

You can do as leo says.

If it's getting stuck, there may be a little more than dust in there, and perhaps something sticky spilled in there some time back. With a little force, you can generally pop the individual keys out. Then, using a cotton bud/screen cleaner/alcohol wipe, clean the contact area under the offending key.

Its quite fiddly though. I wouldn't spend much time on it, since you can just go buy a new one.

Back