Cleaning a George Foreman grill

bluetoff

Has anyone any tips on cleaning a George Foreman Grill after use,The grub and veg is lovely from it I have to say but the cleaning of it is a right chore. The best way would be straight after using it but it's too hot then.
All tips greatly appreciated.

I do that but if you have cooked chicken fillets or bacon,sausages etc it can still be tough to get clean

you dont have to clean it straight away. Just turn it on for 2-3 mins when you want to clean it and its very easy to clean with some kitchen towel.

Yes, heat up for a few minutes, kitchen towel, works every time, probably like too much good sense but try and wipe it straight after taking the food off it while its still hot.

Called round a friends apartment one night and she had it soaking in the sink in boiling water. Was funny.

wipe the bulk off when still hot with a paper towel.

unplug it, bring it to the draining board, pour hot water over it and use a sponge to get it perfectly clean, then rinse with more hot water. be sure to unplug it though!

Was in Roches (I think) at the weekend and saw a special cleaner/scruber for the George Foreman grill, specially designed to get between the ridges.

Christy

If mine is really bad I let it cool a little then pop some wet kitchen paper in and close the lid, the steam really loosens the muck and it just wipes right off afterwards no problem.

Christy said:
Was in Roches (I think) at the weekend and saw a special cleaner/scruber for the George Foreman grill, specially designed to get between the ridges.

Christy

They fall apart after a couple of users thoufg and are now better than a regular scrubber

Heat it up for a minute before cleaning and use a damp kitchen towl ( or a bit of vinegar works wonders if you can stand the smell).
Or just do what I do and get yourself something called A WIFE - does a great job but not cheap to run !! :]

Unplug. Eat
Plug back in till it heats up slightly and wipe clean with a J cloth

I jsut use those heavish cotton kitchen clothes, as soon as food comes off and machine is switched off I just pop a damp cloth into the machine as it cools down. It wipes off easily later on.

As said before, heat the foeman for 2-4 minutes
the with WET kitchen towel, wipe of the fat etc, works a treat.

The GF is brilliant, but cleaning is a pain the the This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

Now if we could have a
George Foreman lean mean grilling self cleaning machine; we would be sorted

bertson said:
Now if we could have a
George Foreman lean mean grilling self cleaning machine; we would be sorted

Argos that releases the plates so that they can be washed separately possibly in the dishwasher. Bit pricey tho at €186.99.

Pour boiling water over the grill and let it spill into the drip tray. Use kitchen towel and a small drop of washing up liquid to degrease. The top of the grill is usually easier to clean so dip the kitchen towl in the hot water and clean the top.

Try this. Let it cool while enjoying your meal. When finished eating, apply a coating of washing up liquid and let soak for ten minutes or so. Let it heat for one minute, unplug and rinse with a soft sponge/kitchen cloth and then with hot water. Works a treat

I find this subject funny, I have had one for yrs, never thought about asking how to clean it, just use your kitchen cleaner with a damp scourer, does the trick, never taken off any non stick yet, its simple to clean, and best cleaned cold.

Back