Wrong forum Clamping beside Enfield train station

peggybetty

I see there are signs up in the housing estate beside Enfield train station "No Parking clamping in operation".
Anyone if this is for real or just a sign to scare people off? Has anyone actually been clamped here?

i wouldn't like to chance it. although i haven't seen a clamp in Enfield or surrounding towns.

For what it's worth (though not near Enfield, I know!), there's a housing estate in Drogheda (which has communal parking for residents - one space each) which uses clampers - visitors to the estate have been known to find themselves clamped! The clamping service is privately run, not a council initiative.

For what it's worth (though not near Enfield, I know!), there's a housing estate in Drogheda (which has communal parking for residents - one space each) which uses clampers - visitors to the estate have been known to find themselves clamped! The clamping service is privately run, not a council initiative.

Intersting. I wonder how legal private clamping actually is? There would not be any Council Bye-Laws to enforce a no-parking ban. I know there have been many threads before on AAM whereby a resident has no direct control over who parks outside their house.

Surely if you car is clamped by a private clamper you would be entitled to charge them for removing the clamp , any potential damage to your car and the loss of your time...

Intersting. I wonder how legal private clamping actually is? There would not be any Council Bye-Laws to enforce a no-parking ban. I know there have been many threads before on AAM whereby a resident has no direct control over who parks outside their house.

Surely if you car is clamped by a private clamper you would be entitled to charge them for removing the clamp , any potential damage to your car and the loss of your time...

You're probably right.
Can't help sparing a thought for the residents though. I'm sure a commuters car park outside their door wasn't what they signed up for. Not their fault there's insufficient low-cost parking elsewhere.

Could you please tell me the name of that estate? Could save me a fine!

The name just escapes me at the moment, but close to town - it was reported in the local papers not too long ago, parents dropping children off to a party came out to find they'd been clamped!
If I find it, I'll update you!

Update: Found it! the estate is Sienna, in Francis Street which comprises townhouses and apartments.

A quote from a boards.ie member back in 2006
"clamping has been introduced ....and if you have friends over for dinner its a nightmare, they will get clamped.."
(hope its okay to quote - please advise if it isn't, thanks!).

Last edited:
I was clamped last Saturday night. Parked there from 8pm until 11pm. Was clamped at 8.30. The carpark was empty bar 2 cars, one of which was also clamped. 120 euro and an hour and half wait to be declamped. I never saw the 'pay and display sign' and thought at that hour i'd be ok. Wrong. Bewarned.

Back