Claiming taxes back when leaving country


New Member
Hello all, I am non-EU citizen working in Ireland on general skills work permit, I was wondering, is it possible to claim back any percentage of the taxes I paid (PAYE, PRSI, USC) if I leave the country and not come back to Ireland again.

I think it won't be possible for PAYE but wondering if it would be possible to get anything back for PRSI or USC.



Frequent Poster
If you go to work in another EU country you may be able to use your Irish PRSI contributions to claim benefits and/or pension in due course.

Make sure to apply for a record. More info.

There are also bilateral agreements with some non-EU countries for recognition of Irish PRSI for pension purposes.