Claiming tax back before i go...How do i prove it

D

DangerMouse1

Hi All,
Im off around the world in less then 2 weeks for a year i know i am leaving this really late so any help is really appreciated.

Well here i go, im just finished up in work i was looking on the revenue site i must not be the smartest, what do i need to do, i still have not got my last pay check from work i need my p45 anyway. how long will it take i know i can do it when i get home, but the money would be really handy while im away, and what proof will i have to give them.

Please any help would be class

Contact Revenue, you need to complete a form, Revenue will tell you the name of it you should be able to download one
You can give your bank account details on the form. Leave your bank account open for a while if you intend to close it.

You also need your P45. Contact your employer. You should have received it on your last day. If you don't receive it before you go give the completed revenue form to someone you trust (Friend Parents etc) and get your employer to forward the P45 to them. When they receive the P45 tell them to forward it to revenue.

It will take about a month to sort out and the money should be lodged to your bank account

Back