Claiming medical expenses on Form11 for previous years?

Zanatoo

Hi,

I am a proprietary director of a company from which I receive no income. I am also a full time employee of another company. I pay tax solely through the PAYE system but as a proprietary director I must submit a FORM 11 every year.

Over the last number of years I have accumulated some dental expenses for periodontal treatment but have never made a tax claim for these until now.

I tried to use the myAccount services to submit a FORM12 but it tells me I can't as I'm registered for Income Tax. On my FORM11 I only seem to be able to submit expenses incurred for the given year and not for previous years (for which I've already submitted FORM11's).

So my questions:
  1. Should I just submit my FORM11 as normal and claim for my dental expenses later through a paper FORM12? Or is there a more correct way to do this.
  2. Regardless of which way I submit the expenses, 11 or 12, do I also have to submit a MED1? (I know I have to keep a MED 2 also)
  3. I have several periodontal procedures to claim for, most around the €400 - €500 mark but I also have several "Periodontal Assessments" and "Periodontal Reviews" (€100 - €150 a pop). Can I claim for these as well?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.
Zan

I'd be inclined to file paper Med 1s for the various year and let the Revenue issue amended computations. In relation to your dental expenses ask a dentist for a Form Med 2 as only specific dental treatments are available for deduction.

Back