Claim held up by ex employer.

AndyDub

My wife applied for JSB in April, we were wondering why it was taking so long. Today when signing on she was told that SW had written to her old employer in April asking them to detail the hours worked in the final weeks of her work and the employer never responded. How can my wife's claim be delayed so long due to something out of her control? What can we do?

Unfortunately I still have this issue. I have been trying for the past 3 weeks to get my wife's ex employer to fill out an 'hours worked' form, with no joy. I can understand that its not in their best interests as it will show how they reduced her hours to one night a week. Is there anything I can say to make them complete the form? I cant get social welfare on the phone for advice.

Unfortunately I still have this issue. I have been trying for the past 3 weeks to get my wife's ex employer to fill out an 'hours worked' form, with no joy. I can understand that its not in their best interests as it will show how they reduced her hours to one night a week. Is there anything I can say to make them complete the form? I cant get social welfare on the phone for advice.

Is she still working their? Can she ask employer directly what the hold up is as she needs the money.

Did she get a P45 if she is gone

Why wont they fill out form?

Is she still working their? Can she ask employer directly what the hold up is as she needs the money.

Did she get a P45 if she is gone

Why wont they fill out form?
She doesn't work there anymore since they reduced her from 5 days to 1 while increase the shifts of other staff members.
Welfare have the P45.
No reason given for the delay. Unknown to us, welfare had request the hours from them in April and they never filled it in then, its the last issue holding up payment. I'll be visiting the employer to turn the screw.

She doesn't work there anymore since they reduced her from 5 days to 1 while increase the shifts of other staff members.
Welfare have the P45.
No reason given for the delay. Unknown to us, welfare had request the hours from them in April and they never filled it in then, its the last issue holding up payment. I'll be visiting the employer to turn the screw.

What date is on P45?

I no expert but say P45 dated 30/04/10- And assume fully unemployed from 01/05/10 why cant they pay full rate out from 01/05/10 and any balance before 30/04/10 paid later

Back