Home Claim for water damaged solid floor advice

F

Funky Phantom

Hi folks

We were unfortunate to have a tank leak in our home recently, water damaged some parts of our solid wooden floor that covers the entire 1st floor,one single floor throughout however the loss accessor is claiming that the insurance only covers the damaged area....!?, to repair the floor means replacing the whole lot a costly task €4500+, hes suggesting "cutting out" the damage and replacing with similar!!!!! any suggestions how I should tackle this, :(

I suggest you engage a loss adjustor to argue the case on your behalf. The loss assessor acts in the interest of the insurance company.
I recently used [broken link removed] and found them very good ( got the recommendation from another thread on this site).

Actually, the loss assessor works on the Insured's behalf.

A loss adjuster works on behalf of the insurance company.

It sounds to me like they will only pay what is called "trace and access" - which basically means, the cost of tracing and accessing the leak. This is usually applied in circumstances where your water leak was due to "normal wear and tear". Policy conditions unfortunately. No way around it. I presume you have reported it to your insurance company. If so, a loss adjuster should have been sent out immediately on behalf of your insurance company.

Back