Claim Delay on Permanent Health Insurance with Pension

gimp

Hi. Maybe someone can advise. I hope this is the appropriate forum under pensions. I have a medical condition which i am attempting to claim on a PHI policy i have with my pension as i am unable to work. i notified my INS/Pension Company initially over 3 months ago when i stopped work re the claim and would have been due for a payment if the claim was successful last week after serving the deferral period + plus one month etc.

After contacting them to find out what was going on they have now requested further info from my consultant which is not a problem, she already gave them a report at their request, but i feel that they are stalling, and expect i will have to visit their consultant for a check up after they have received their further information, this will all take time and delay things.

If my claim is successful can i request the payment to be backdated to the date i should have been liable for a payment ie. one month from end of deferral period. There have been delays from the start when i initially tried to get the claim form and had to contact my pension advisor (Tied to Ins Co) to get him to get some action just to get the claim form. I am new to all this and am just thankful I had PHI for what looks like a long term problem and i dont need issues with / from insurance companies trying to get out of their responsibilities on top of everyting else........Dealing with Customer Services which seems to be the only avenue does not really seem to have any urgency.......

Many thanks in advance for any advice

As i dont seem to be getting any answers/suggestions here does anyone know how to move this to another forum. I was thinking maybe it should be in "Insurance not covered in other forums"

Back